Use a Computer
- There are 5 computers for you to use that have internet access.
- These computers are located on the first floor of the library.
- All of our computers have the standard software on them such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excell.
- There is a one hour time limit on computers.
- Please pick an available computer and sign for it at the front desk.
- Our computers have filtered internet access.
- There is no age limit on our computers, but you must know how to use them properly. If you need help learning how to use the computer you must sign up for instruction with the librarian.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the computer room.
- Parental permission is not required, but parents must keep in mind it is their responsibility to know what their children are doing in their free time. The library is not responsible for monitoring children's use.
A. PRIMGHAR PUBLIC LIBRARY INTERNET USE POLICY
The Primghar Public Library offers Internet access with other library materials to help meet the cultural, informational, and educational needs of the Primghar community. The use of the Internet is a privilege and not a right. It is not to be used for unethical, unauthorized or illegal purposes. Internet use to obtain criminally violent, classified, or pornographic information is expressly forbidden. Respecting these principles will keep this resource available to you and the community to share. If caught purposely browsing for this type of information or violating the use policy, individuals will be asked to leave the library at the discretion of the librarian.The library does provide content filters on it's public access computers. Patrons over 18 may request unfiltered access for educational or research purposes. The library is not responsible for monitoring children's use. All internet use records shall remain confidential. Parents and their children are encouraged to discuss the use of the Internet in relation to family boundaries.
Not all information on the Internet is accurate, current, secure, or complete. Therefore, users are encouraged to evaluate their own information, and use that information at their own risk. Primghar Public Library expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility arising from access to, or the use of, the Internet.
No food or Drink in the Computer Room.
You must have a library card in good standing.
Internet use is limited to 60 minutes.
Printing costs for all prints in the library are .20 black and white copies, and .50 for color copies per print. (Not per page).
No buying, selling, or transacting personal business for monetary gain.
Do not install programs, or change configurations.
You must have your own email; the library email is for library use only.
Any patron use that results in damage, or Internet damage, worms, virus etc. the cost of repair will be the responsibility of the patron.